August 31, 2017
Website California Environmental Justice Alliance
This Operations Manager is a full-time position in Oakland that will provide administrative, finance, and office support primarily for the CEJA staff and programs. The Operations Manager will process check requests and reimbursements, provide support and handle logistics for CEJA events and activities, and process monthly paperwork for the organization. The Operations Manager will assist with miscellaneous office tasks such as making copies and trouble-shooting printer needs, and will take on additional tasks as determined by the leadership staff.
The fiscal sponsor for the California Environmental Justice Alliance is the Environmental Health Coalition (EHC), a member of CEJA. The Operations Manager will be an employee of EHC. The Operations Manager will report to a CEJA Director-level staff. This position will be housed in the CEJA Oakland office.
Finance, HR, and Compliance (30%): Under the direction of the Director, the Operations Manager will:
• Organize and process financial expenses in a timely manner including submitting check requests and reimbursements, and reconciling and submitting credit card expenditures
• Collect lobbying hours from CEJA staff, and process and submit to CEJA Action (the 501c4 of CEJA) monthly
• Support any HR activities, including hiring
• Support CEJA in its incorporation into its own 501c3 in 2018
Administrative Support (30%): Under the direction of the Director, the Operations Manager will:
• Coordinate with Director-level staff and CEJA members to schedule relevant meetings; and send out meeting reminders as needed
• Research and improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission—specifically, support better management of reporting, information flow and management, organizational processes and organizational planning.
• Help maintain contact with and secure potential new administrative vendors
• Provide any support to fund development staff including supporting fundraising events, entering new donors into system, and sending Thank You letters.
• Responsible for setting up online and phone needs for meetings and activities such as sending out conference lines and video conference information, and responsible for troubleshooting phone or video issues
• Check general CEJA email regularly
• Order office supplies for all CEJA offices
• Other duties as assigned by the Director
Office Support (20%): In coordination with Oakland based staff, provide the following office support:
• Maintain and trouble shoot office equipment as needed, including working with contractors to address any issues that arise
• Check Oakland office phone messages regularly
• Help create systems to ensure a orderly office space
Program Support and Organizational Responsibilities (20%):
• Provide logistical support in program events and activities including: researching and securing location, coordinating with vendors, coordinating travel with members, ordering meals, making copies, and ordering supplies
• Participate in monthly staff meetings
• Coordinate logistics for bi-monthly Steering Committee meetings, including scheduling of meetings, securing location, coordination with host organization on logistics, and making meeting copies
• Participate in relevant CEJA-wide events as requested by supervisor.
• Help foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst CEJA staff, community members, and affiliate organizations.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Commitment to environmental, social and economic justice
• 5 years of nonprofit experience
• 5 years of financial, operations, and administrative experience
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• High level of proficiency in managing online systems: Gmail, googledocs, google calendar, google hangout, dropbox, and similar online systems
• Internet fluency; web research a must
• Highly detail oriented and accountable
• Ability to work independently
• Is able to travel throughout the state as needed (approximately 1-4 times per year)
• Ability to work flexible hours to respond to position needs
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Demonstration of leadership and coordination skills: self-motivated, able to take direction and implement projects
• Relationship builder and people person
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with CEJA staff, committees, organizational community members, and supporters
• Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment and take on additional tasks as needed to support CEJA’s overall mission
Starting Salary: $50,000 – $60,000, depending on experience
Benefits: Includes health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan, generous vacation and sick leave
Start Date: Applications due September 25, 2017 target start date October 2017.
Applications: Email resume with cover letter to: email@example.com, subject line to read: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Environmental Health Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color, women, and LGBTQ persons to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org