February 21, 2018
The Employment/Social Enterprise Associate is responsible for providing workforce development services for formerly incarcerated women of color in Los Angeles. The Employment/Social Enterprise Associate will orient new participants, conduct workshops and provide on-going case management and retention support to clients as they re-enter the workforce. The Employment/Social Enterprise Associate will work with outside agencies to identify and train clients in entrepreneurial opportunities. Additionally, this person will collaborate with the Center for Employment Opportunities and other community partners, business leaders and employers to identify job and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Reports to: Co-Director
- Identify and maintain sources of clients, from the population to be served
- Develop individualized employment plans for enrolled participants
- Provide job readiness skills training such as resume development, interviewing skills and job search techniques.
- Provide career counseling, case management and job/business coaching, coordinate job skills training, arrange interviews with employers and work one on one with clients.
- Coordinate recruitment with employers. Connect with outside resources such as EDD, Work Source Centers, Department of Rehabilitation, vocational schools, community based organizations, social services and employment resources to ensure clients have access to available services.
- Maintain a database that includes the information required for tracking of progress
- Maintain any and all grant-reporting logs, working with the Development Director
- Create and maintain a computer database of resources and referrals to include preferred referral procedures, and partner capacity
- Expand networks of support for clientele
- Some local travel required
- Assist in drafting resumes, cover letters and thank you letters
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate records of client participation and progress towards goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of processes required for in new business, registration, etc
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Type a minimum of 45 wpm
- Understanding of the population to be served
- Clean driving record, and insurance
- BS/BA strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal/collaborative skills
- Strong case management and documentation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to development and maintain program data and organizational systems
Salary: Competitive starting salary based on experience, with availability of medical, dental and vision benefits.
Formerly incarcerated persons are encouraged to apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org